About the James Free Center
The H. James Free, MD, Center seeks to transform the landscape of primary care by serving as a catalyst for collaboration, education, innovation, and research.
- Coordinate primary care education throughout the College of Medicine including medical student, physician assistant, and resident education.
- Provide mentoring to encourage students to enter and remain in primary are careers.
- Encourage scholastic pursuits and research to identify, teach, and implement the most effective primary care practice models of the future.
- Foster the development of the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential for providing high quality inter-professional collaborative patient care.
- Maintain life-long partnerships with UF primary care physicians alumni.
“In Florida, one out of every seven people lives in an area where there is a shortage of primary care physicians…”
~ Dr. Robert Hatch ~